- language arts teacher, 33 years, Niskayuna Central Schools
- named "Google Apps For Education Certified Trainer" by Google, July 2011
- named "Google Apps For Education K-12 Regional Leader- Eastern States & Eastern Canadian Provinces" by Google, March 2011
- named "Google Certified Teacher" by Google, February 2007
- Smithsonian Laureate Award, April 2001 - exemplary use of technology in education; nominated by Steven Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer, Inc.
- named "Apple Distinguished Educator" by Apple Computer, Inc., September 2000
- member of NYSCATE Select Speakers' Bureau, November 2001
- inducted into the NYS Academy for Teaching & Learning, Statewide Peer Review, June 2002
- qualified to deliver computer instruction on both Mac and PC platforms
(Windows XP, Vista, Windows 2007; Apple OS 9, OS X)
- keynote addresses: statewide conferences, school districts, organizations - motivate educators to use information technology
- presentations: national, statewide, and regional conferences
- staff development: training educators in technology applications, and integration into curricula
- staff development: school administrators, educators, public/school librarians
- developed tutorials for ADOBE's "Go Live" webpage authoring software
- helped author "21st Century Learning Collection" done by Apple Distinguished Educators for the Apple Learning Interchange
- developed curriculum for Apple Computer, Inc.
- developed curriculum for Google; curriculum hosted on "Google Apps Lesson Plans For Educators".
- taught for Apple Teacher Institute, UCLA & Univ. of British Colombia
- worked with Microsoft software managers
- workshop and conference presenter for Apple Computer; "Apple Exhibit Area"
NYSCATE, MassCUE, CECA
- conference presenter for Google; "Google Teaching Booth"
NECC 2009, ISTE 2011
- published by ISTE in NETS Publication for Educators & Retool Your Schools
- community leader for America Online, moderator of Bookshare & Technology Boards & host of educator chat room in education forum
- Master Teacher of Technology for NY Wired Collaborative Grant
- Greater Capital Region Teacher Center, technology inservice courses & workshops for educators
- Model Schools, technology inservice courses & workshops for educators
- feature presenter at statewide educational conferences - topics: Internet, connecting classrooms with the WWW, technology integration for classrooms, multimedia solutions, Standards based technology lessons, Best Practices in K-12 classrooms, technology, students, and learning, and various software products
- nominated for Disney's American Teacher Award, 2001
- received WNYT's Educator of Excellence Award, 2001
- WEB master for school WEB page since 1994
- WEB master for Niskayuna Teachers' Association, WEB page
- member of Niskayuna CSD's K-12 Technology CORE Team
- integration of technology & NYS Learning Standards into curriculum
- use of classroom WEB page for home/school connections; developed and maintained with students
- received awards from: ComputerWorld Honors, United States Navy, United States House of Representatives, New York State Senate, and Schenectady County Legislature